Catherine Macpherson shared on The Balancing Act how nutrition is important to all of us, but especially when someone has a chronic condition, like diabetes, kidney disease or heart disease. In fact, the National Council on Aging states that 68% of U.S. adults ages 65 and older have two or more of these diseases.
She also added that research shows eating medically tailored meals, like we offer at Mom’s Meals®, resulted in helping people:
- Stay out of, or reduce their time, in the hospital or nursing home
- Improve their health
- Lower their health care spending
How do you get started on eating smarter for better results?
The choices made at breakfast, lunch and dinner can be critical when it comes to managing our health. Adding more fruits, vegetables and whole grains to your diet can go a long way.
Mom’s Meals helps take the guesswork out of improving the way you eat with:
- 60+ delicious ready-to-heat-and-eat options to choose from
- Offerings updated seasonally
- General wellness and health condition-specific menus available
- Right-sized portions optimized to meet nutritional needs
- Designed by professional chefs and registered dietitians, meals are made in USDA-inspected kitchens
- Meals that last up to 14 days from delivery in the refrigerator
- Convenient nationwide direct-to-home delivery
- Compassionate, knowledgeable customer care
How Mom's Meals Works
Delivering nutritious meals in just 3 easy steps.