What’s the next big thing in health? Listen in to the podcast discussion on how to address food insecurity, as well as the value of food as medicine.
Mom’s Meals Senior Vice President of Healthcare Strategy and Development, and Chief Nutrition Officer, Catherine Macpherson, joined the Next Big Thing in Health podcast hosted by AHIP President and CEO Matt Eyles and co-host Laura Evans. Their conversation covered a lot of ground. Catherine shared her expertise on how the food as medicine movement is shaping health care. She also answered the big question: what she thinks is the next big thing in health.
Listen to this informative, fast-paced podcast to hear more about:
- How access to better nutrition drives better outcomes for those with chronic conditions along with pregnant women
- The link between ultra-processed food and mental health
- How home-delivered meals can improve health equity for vulnerable populations
- Regulatory and legislative changes impacting how medically tailored meals are covered by government programs and health plans
- Insight on how In Lieu of Services (ILOS) can cover new services to address social determinants of health
Want to find out more about food as medicine? Our white paper Food as Medicine: What Health Care is Doing and What is Working takes a deeper look at the food as medicine concept, health equity and chronic disease issues, and approaches from public and private sectors. You will also learn how our nutritious home-delivered meals can help improve health outcomes while advancing health equity.
In the process of or thinking about incorporating home-delivered meals benefits in your Medicare Advantage health plan design? Download our guide for product and clinical teams: Improving Outcomes and Star Ratings Through Food and Nutrition Benefits Design.