The Power of Good Nutrition on Heart Disease
When looking at the controllable risk factors for heart disease, nutrition can play a significant role when it comes to reducing the risk for developing heart disease or better managing an existing condition.
Find out more in our white paper including:
Choices made at breakfast, lunch and dinner can be critical when it comes to protecting heart health. Adding more fruits, vegetables and whole grains to your diet can go a long way. Then, you’ll also want to avoid high-fat foods or meals with a lot of sodium.
Mom’s Meals can help take the guesswork out of eating a heart-friendly diet. All our heart-friendly meals:
- Contain less than 800 mg of sodium
- Are developed using nutritional guidelines from the American Heart Association
- Have less than 30% fat per meal
- Have been carefully created by our chefs and registered dietitians and taste-tested to appeal to even picky eaters
- Are ready-to-heat-and-eat
How To Get Heart-Friendly Meals
Can you say yes to any of these questions? If so, you might qualify for government or health plan assistance and have Mom's Meals delivered at little or no cost to you!
- Are you over 65?
- Are you disabled?
- Do you require assistance with grocery shopping and/or preparing meals?
- Are you on Medicaid or a Medicare Advantage plan that offers a paid meal benefit?
If you’re currently a Medicaid or Medicare recipient, contact your health plan to see if you are eligible to receive a home-delivered meals benefit. Or, contact your Area Agency on Aging to see if you qualify for government-funded programs.
If you do not qualify for this kind of assistance to get home-delivered meals, you are able to purchase meals direct. Our meals are all priced at just $7.99 or $8.99. That's an affordable price that fits almost any budget.
Order convenient home delivery of your delicious and nutritious meals now.
Are You A Case Manager And Need To Get A Client Started?
1. Get Set up
Make sure your organization is contracted with Mom’s Meals and what the guidelines are for meal referrals and authorizations.
2. Submit Your Authorization
Send us the authorization per your organization’s guidelines.
3. Client Orders Meals
Once the authorization is processed, we will reach out to the client you referred to welcome them, review their options, and schedule a delivery date.