March 17, 2020
We will insert the following information into shipments of home-delivered meals beginning with those packed on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Taking care of our clients is at the heart of what we do. We know the current situation with coronavirus has many people uneasy, and that your Mom’s Meals delivery is important to you. We want you to know we are committed to delivering the meals you need during these difficult times.
Food safety has always been a priority for us. For years, our kitchens have followed standards from the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety Inspection Services (USDA-FSIS). We follow these standards to mitigate situations exactly like this one.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says the risk of spreading the virus through food production is very low. According to the CDC:
- “Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food. Before preparing or eating food it is important to always wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds for general food safety.
In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient, refrigerated, or frozen temperatures.”
- We have strict guidelines for cleaning in our kitchens, which ensure consistency and proper food handling standards. USDA/FSIS Inspectors visit our kitchens daily to verify our Cleaning, Hygiene and Sanitation programs. For example, we have strict guidelines for washing all kitchen tools. We also have standards for employee handwashing and personal hygiene. All employees are required to wear company issued smocks while working with and preparing food in our kitchens. Employees’ boots are sanitized as they enter the kitchens.
- Additional safety for COVID-19. We are following additional guidance from the CDC to help prevent the virus from spreading. For example:
- Our Mom's Meals Drivers are using hand sanitizer and use single-use gloves when they deliver to your door.
- Drivers are also practicing “social distancing.” They will leave your box/cooler right inside your door (if you are home) or just outside your door (if you are not home). They will not wait to get your signature.
We remain committed to you, our extended Mom’s Meals family, in these unusual times. More information is available on our website (www.momsmeals.com) or by calling our Customer Care team at 866-204-6111.