Community Champion Award - Nomination Rules
Community Champion Award rules and details
Nomination Rules Judging Criteria How to Nominate
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Nominee must be 18 years of age or older to enter, a legal resident of the (50) United States or the District of Columbia, with the exception of Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- No referral to Mom’s Meals is necessary. Case managers do not need to be contracted with Mom’s Meals to be eligible; however, they must be from a USAging member agency.
- For a nomination to be eligible, we must receive a narrative addressing how the case manager is going above and beyond positively impacting their community and/or their clients.
- All entries must be received by Friday, May 5, 2023.
- Mom’s Meals assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete entries.
- Selection Committee at Mom’s Meals scores each nominee and selects one nominee semiannually. Each winner receives special recognition on the Mom’s Meals and USAging websites and social media handles at the discretion of Mom’s Meals and USAging. In addition, each winner receives a personalized engraved award and certificate.
- Nominations will be accepted from the period beginning Monday, April 3, 2023 and ending Friday, May 5, 2023. Only nominations received during this time period will be included for consideration for this year's award.
- All entries shall be the property of Mom’s Meals and USAging. Submission of an entry grants Mom’s Meals and USAging the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in all media, without limitation as regards duration, frequency, or territory, and without consideration (i.e., payment of a fee) to the nominee. Submission of an entry further constitutes the nominee’s irrevocable waiver of any rights and assignment and transfer to Mom’s Meals and USAging of all rights, title, and interest in and to the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and other intellectual property rights. Entries must be the nominee's original work, may not have been published previously, must not infringe third party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., not obscene or indecent). Winners and nominees waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this promotion.
- Finalists will be selected by a blinded judging panel appointed at the sole discretion of Mom’s Meals and USAging. Decisions of the judges regarding all aspects of the Contest and its administration are final.
- By participating, participants agree: (i) to be bound by these rules and the decisions Mom’s Meals and USAging, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (ii) to release, discharge and hold harmless Mom’s Meals, USAging and their parent and affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to death or personal injury, arising out of a participant’s participation in the contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); and (iii) to Mom’s Meals, USAging and their designees’ use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information worldwide in perpetuity for programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now existing or hereafter created or conceived, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- For selected winners, please click here.
- Entries will be rated from 1 (low) to 5 (high) on each of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates achievement in the areas of nutrition, health, and healthy lifestyles
- Impacts numerous members of the local community
- Demonstrates the value of case managers in supporting and promoting health and healthy lifestyles
- Has the ability to minimize the impact of social determinants of health, improve individuals’ ability to age/heal at home, or aids in the management of chronic condition
- The highest average score among the judging panel will be declared the winner.
Case managers may be nominated by their peers or supervisors. Nominees do not have to be contracted with Mom’s Meals to be eligible; however, they must be from a USAging member agency.
Mom’s Meals and USAging must receive a narrative addressing how the case manager is going above and beyond, positively impacting their community and/or their clients nutrition. For example, in what special way is the case manager bringing better health and nutrition to their community? How is the case manager helping individuals with chronic conditions live better lives through healthy habits?
Our committee at Mom’s Meals and USAging reviews and scores each nominee and selects one nominee annually. Each winner receives special recognition by Mom’s Meals and USAging. In addition, each winner receives a certificate and a personalized engraved award, which will adhere to the Mom’s Meals and USAging Conflicts of Interest and Business Ethics Policies.