Using Nutrition to Enhance Medicare Advantage
The 5-Star Quality Rating System—introduced in 2007 by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS)—has undergone many changes over the years.
For the contract year 2021, CMS announced key changes to the MA Star Ratings formula that impact 2023 Star Rating scores. Member satisfaction scores, best known as CAHPS scores, will be quadruple-rated—meaning they’ll represent 32% of the overall Star Rating weighting for the contract year 2021.
Essentially, CMS is elevating access to care and patient experience to be equal to outcomes measures.
For health plans, boosting patient experience must be a priority. In this white paper, we cover:
- Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (SSBCI)
- Growing supplemental benefits and membership enrollment
- Customer attitudes about home-delivered meals
- The impact of home-delivered meals on Star Ratings
- Options for incorporating a home-delivered meals benefit into an MA plan
- Program launch and timeline for maximizing Stars
Mom’s Meals is a leading national provider of refrigerated, home-delivered meals and nutrition services. We work with hundreds of health plans nationwide, including Medicare Advantage and Medicaid plans.
Let us help you launch a home-delivered meals program to boost your Star Ratings.